Welcome to Patterson & Francis Associates
The practice has extensive experience of residential & commercial property valuations and appraisals. Below is a list of just a few of the many services we provide; for more information on the services we provide, please view our Services page:
A mortgage valuation is normally a fairly brief document produced principally for the benefit of the lender, to assist them in evaluating how much to lend against a property. It does not provide any significant or useful information for the buyer, other than the lender’s own view of the market valuation and very limited comments on the state of repair.
We carry out independent valuations as a panel member for various lenders via secure webites provided by Valnet, Valuation Exchange & Quest, using online mortgage valuation systems.
These are in standard RICS format.
This report is more relevant to newer conventional property. The homebuyer report allows you to evaluate whether the agreed purchase price is reasonable and to be aware of the extent of any repair and maintenance issues.
The home buyer report allows you to evaluate whether you wish to continue with the transaction at the currently agreed price and also enables you to be clear on what decisions and actions should be taken prior to exchange of contracts. An estimate of market value is also provided, based on the findings of the home buyer report and not the agent’s asking price.
A rebuilding cost estimate for fire damage, flood damage or subsidence is also provided.
The survey is produced for the benefit of the purchaser not the lender and covers:
- Inspection of all visible parts
- State of repair and degree of urgency
- Requirement for specialist reports
- Legal issues
- Valuation in current condition
- Insurance rebuilding costs
This is a comprehensive inspection of visible, exposed, and accessible parts of the structure. It is particularly advisable for older buildings. A comprehensive inspection is carried out, subject to the constraints of furniture, fixtures, fittings and floor coverings.
- The roof will be inspected externally, and internally, provided access is available via a roof hatch.
- Walls and foundations will be checked for foundation settlement or structural movement or other defects.
- Timbers will be checked for woodworm, wet rot or dry rot.
- Damp levels will be checked throughout the fabric of the building.
- Floors will be checked, subject to constraints imposed by carpets or coverings.
- Windows and doors are examined.
- A visual inspection of gas, central heating, electricity, plumbing, and drainage services will be made, but no tests carried out.
- Boundary fences, driveways, paths, and other aspects of the site will be inspected.
- Environmental issues should be checked by a separate environmental search.
- A full assessment of defects will be provided, together with cost estimates based on the BCIS building maintenance cost Index.
- Any latent or inherent defects will be revealed.
Patterson Francis & Associates are dedicated to providing our customers with excellent service and you are welcome to contact us by phone on 01628 674252 / 07973 865281 or on email at email@example.com with your enquiry.